If you need a tasty Christmas chocolate recipe your children can get involved in making, look no further than our easy chocolate reindeer. This is a perfect Christmas Eve recipe, or a fun festive activity to make some little homemade Christmas gifts to give to friends or neighbours.
Simple but delicious these chocolate reindeer are a firm favourite with Mrs Claus and her little Elves. With only four ingredients, this chocolate reindeer recipe is a breeze to make – it's the perfect easy Christmas activity for kids.
Let us know what you think of our chocolate reindeer recipe - or we would love to you to share your pictures with us if you make some of your own! Show us your makes on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!
Christmas Chocolate Reindeer Recipe - by Mrs Claus & Pip McJingles
Recipe makes 12 Christmas Chocolate Reindeer
Preparation time - 20 minutes, plus setting time in the fridge
Chocolate reindeer ingredients:
200g milk chocolate
5 curly wurlys, chopped into pieces
12 red smarties or m&m's
24 edible eyes
You will also need a sheet of baking paper and a baking sheet or chopping board that fits in your fridge.
Chocolate reindeer instructions:
1. Break your chocolate in to small pieces and place in a heat proof bowl.
2. Chop your curly wurlys to look like reindeer antlers, each aprox 3cm - 4cm long.
3. Place a pan of water on the stove and bring to a boil, reducing it to a low simmer. Place the chocolate in the heat proof bowl over the top of the pan of water snugly. While the water is simmering, stir the chocolate slowly until it's melted.
4. Layout a sheet of baking paper on a tray or chopping board.
5. Using a dessert spoon, scoop a spoonful of chocolate on to the baking paper, making the shape of a reindeer head. You are aiming to create 12 separate reindeer, so divide the chocolate carefully.
6. Carefully place a red smartie (or m&m) for the nose, and two edible eyes on each reindeer.
7. Place 2 antler on each reindeer.
8. When all 12 reindeer are complete, transfer the board with the baking paper and reindeer in the fridge to set.
9. After aprox 30 mins carefully peel the baking paper away and serve on a plate.
To give as gifts put the chocolate reindeer into cellophane bags and finish with a Christmas ribbon.
Enjoy - they are sure to vanish quickly!